The judges report has been released and it makes for interesting reading. Some very questionable and downright mad judging going on.
Lauren Mitchell got an 8.0 and a 9.0 in execution for this routine. Seriously a whole point between two different judges?
The 9.0 judge gave Afanasyeva and Raisman the same execution score, when every other judge rightly had 0.1-0.4 difference in favour of Afan. Interestingly, gave Tweddle her lowest execution score too. So you hate artistry or not?
One judge gave Tweddle a 9.2 execution score and Komova an 8.5! Not surprisingly, this was Komova's lowest execution score by three tenths. The same judge gave Mustafina an 8.3, also her lowest by three tenths. Going to go out on a limb here and suggest this judge doesn't like Russia?
Douglas, Mustafina and Jinnan all had an 0.7 range between their execution scores.
One judge saw a tenth in the execution difference between Deng's and Sui's routines. Another saw a full point.
Jordyn's scores ranged from 8.2 to 9.0- 0.8 difference.
Two judges gave Raisman and Ross the same execution score..
One judge gave Douglas a higher score than Maroney's amanar by three tenths. WTF. The same judge also scored Jordyn's and Aly's amanars two tenths higher than Maroney's amanar.
Actually, only one judge thought Maroney's amanar was better than Jordyn's.
Victoria Moors was lowballed, receiving 0.7 less than Raisman for execution by the same judge. Not one judge scored her higher than Raisman.
One judge thought Douglas and Wieber deserved 9.6 for their vaults and Mustafina a 9.5. No, just no. All three have form and technique errors. And had just two-tenths between Maroney and Douglas..
One judge has 0.7 in the difference for execution between Tweddle and Jinnan, and 0.8 between Tweddle and Qiushuang, both in Tweddle's favour. ???
One judge gave Iordache and Ponor 9.0's and Sui 8.3!
Kyla Ross' scores have jumped from qualifying, for the exact same routine.
0.7 difference in Asuka Teramoto's score range.
A full point in Hannah Whelan's. Also the difference between Hannah's highest score and second highest score is 0.6.
If the reference judges scores were used, Komova would have won the AA.
One judge gave four scores over 9. The rest only gave one each. The same judge gave Komova a 9.5! Also gave Douglas a 9.3 which devalues it a bit.
Douglas received THREE 9.5's for hers
Raisman received a 9.6!
Mustafina's lowest score was a 9.4
Mustafina's scores jump dramatically.
Douglas jumps too, and has 0.7 range in her scores
An 0.7 range in scores for Raisman and Komova
Komova received a 9.4! The same judge gave Deng four tenths less.
Douglas' scores have inflated again.
The same judge who gave Raisman and Mustafina 9.3's gave Ponor an 8.5. This was Ponor's lowest score by SIX tenths.
The e-panel's score gave Ponor one tenth higher overall execution. The reference judges gave Raisman two tenths higher execution. Because of the difference between the e-panel and ref judges of Ponor's execution- 0.4, it was averaged between the two. If it had not been averaged, Ponor would have received 15.4. Still would have lost though.
Ferrari was lowballed completely.
One judge gave Ponor and Raisman the same score.
One gave Deng a higher execution score than Sui
Paseka received no less than two 9.0's for her (not a) amanar.
Berger was lowballed and got an 8.5 for her Rudi.
Maroney's amanar received a 9.8 (before the neutral deduction), despite being noticeably not as good as the team finals one.
One judge have Pena an 8.0 for her unbelievable mess of a first vault. Another gave her 7.0- another point difference.
- Far too much disparity between scores, several instances where there was an 0.7 range and a good few where there was a full point. Regardless of the highest and lowest scores being dropped, this shouldn't be happening in the first place.
- Vault judges all on crack. An amanar once actually landed on the mat nevermind what direction it was facing or how much the gymnast came off the mat afterwards was totally gifted. Not near enough deductions on vault in general- dynamics, height, block technique..all ignored. Not near enough difference between Maroney and others.
- Too much inflation going on. Raisman in particular was gifted a lot of her scores, but few remained consistent throughout the whole competition for much the same routine.
- Some gymnasts were totally screwed, Ferrari the most obvious. Qiushuang another. Sui Lu in team finals beam, and Deng in the all-around.
- What subdivision you were in in qualifying greatly affected your score.
- Overscoring a big problem. Hard to believe that everyone thought crappy amanars were going to get slaughtered and that beam and floor were going to be harsh.